Netgear Router IP Address: Netgear was the first brand to introduce the globe’s fastest wireless router. Things have been evolving since then and currently we have a lot of things in the world of technology, which has made the lives of the people way easier. These days, a lot of houses have access to high-speed internet connectivity. Netgear is one of the most popularly used routers out there. Do you own one of them? Are you wondering – “What is the IP address of my Netgear router?” In this article, you will learn how to find out the IP address of Netgear router.
Netgear Router IP Address – How to Find out the Router’s Default IP?
The Home Router (Netgear) IP address, by default, is one of these: 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1. You will be able to get access to the router when you go to the routerlogin.com site. In case you are having difficulties in viewing the page or if you get some error message, then there are chances that your IP address could have changed.
In order to find out the present IP address of the Netgear home router, you can follow one of the methods given below.
Find Out Through the Command Prompt: For Windows-Based Systems
- You first have to go to the Start menu and then navigate to All Programs
- You will have to then go to Accessories, where you will find the Command Prompt.Launch it.
- Now as the command menu is open, you can key in the text ipconfig and tap the Enter key.
- You will now be able to see some entries generated on your screen.Look out for the Default Gateway.
- The number next to the Default Gateway is the IP address of your router.
How to Find Out the IP Address of Netgear Router on Windows 7/8.1/10?
- First, you will have to go to the Control Panel
- Once you are there, you need to go to ‘Network and Internet’
- When you click on this icon, you will be taken to a new window and you will now be able to see the Network and Sharing Centre.
- Click on ‘Change Adapter Settings’.
- Now you will be taken to the network connection screen.You will now have to find the network connection for which you want the default gateway IP.
- Double click on Network Connection. This will then bring in the Ethernet status.
- After the connection status is displayed, you will have to click on the ‘details’ button.
- You will now be able to see the IPv4 default gateway in Properties.
- Sometimes, It could be IPv6 default gateway also, and this depends on the network type you have chosen.
- That will be the Netgear Router IP Address.
Now that you have found out ways to locate your IP address, you can go and try out these methods. If you get stuck somewhere, reread the Netgear Router IP Address finding steps once again. If you still have doubts, drop your queries in the comments section below and we will solve them.